Monday, October 19, 2009

"Whad'ya want a cookie?"


Precisely! I would LOVE a cookie right about not but alas, I'm on a 60 day challenge to forgo sugar, caffeine, and alcohol. That means cookies are off limits. These days it seems that everywhere I turn there is a cupcake or a bowl of ice cream taunting me with it's evil sugary goodness. I'm pretty sure I had a dream last night that a cookie sprouted legs and chased me down the aisles of the grocery store screaming, "eat me, eat me!".

All joking aside, It's really crazy how much of a hold sugar has on us, not only over our minds but also over our bodies. It really is an addiction. Now that I've got it out of my system I feel great. I won't lie that it hasn't been hard at times but the cravings have really started to die down and I feel great.

Today I'm writing this blog to commemorate the 30 day mark of my 60 day challenge. I'm still hanging in there and things are going relatively smoothly, just in case you actually cared.

If you'd like to know more about how to cut sugar from your diet, shoot me an email. I'd love to hear your thoughts and/or comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment